We’ll prepare you to become future teachers with a broad, diverse education and in-depth learning in a core subject area. You’ll be able to explore education in the classroom and through real-world experiences.
Our education studies students expand their knowledge through student internships, community engagement, study away, and more.
As an education studies student at Allegheny, you’ll have plenty of opportunities for work study and student employment, including:
- America Reads Tutors, ne-to-one and small group tutoring at local elementary schools
- Creating Landscapes for Families Program, individualized homework help
- Creek Connections, natural science education through hands-on field experiences
- E=MC2, enrichment program for local elementary school students with focus on STEM and cultural geography
- MAMs Academic Mentor, mentoring program for Meadville Area Middle School 7th and 8th graders
- Operation READ Tutors, an after-school program to support literacy skills for students in grades 3-5
Gifted and Talented Enrichment Program: Work with the Gifted and Talented Program to provide on-campus learning opportunities for local middle and high school students.
Modern Language Program: You’ll be matched with elementary school teachers and classes who wish to add a language component to their curriculum. Students prepare and teach foreign language lessons during the school day and earn 2 credits per semester.
EDUC 542 is a semester-long internship seminar that provides hands-on classroom experience to Allegheny students in local schools. Teachers, administrators, school counselors, and/or other staff will supervise and provide learning opportunities. Interns also meet once a week with an Allegheny professor to discuss practical and theoretical issues connected to their internship experiences.
Recent Senior Comps
The Senior Comp is the culmination of four years of experience, imagination, and study. It is the moment when you demonstrate what you’ve learned by teaching us something new.
Senior Comp 1
Senior Comp 2